Based in Detroit, Michigan, USA
PC / Mac
|USD||$5.00 (Early Access Special)|
Head-to-head puzzle brawling action! Match blocks to send waves at your opponent! Dodge their waves or crash them head-on to survive. Unleash unique super attacks and explosive Hype Mode to tip the scales. It's a back-and-forth struggle for arcade puzzling dominance! WaveCrash!! is a competitive puzzle brawler that combines elements of fighting games and puzzle games to create a new take on the party fighter genre. Players match up blocks into groups that they launch at their opponent in the form of waves. Hitting an opponent's wave causes the two waves to "crash" and cancel out. Hitting your opponent pushes the dividing line forward, earning you more of the board and bringing you one step closer to victory.
The original idea for WaveCrash!! came to Steven Zavala in a dream about playing a game involving tiny people running around on a table throwing square shaped "waves" at each other. He drew up the first rough draft of the game design that morning and promptly threw it out and drew up a second draft after showing it to Matt "Willow" Willard and being told, correctly, that the first idea was way too complicated for humans to play. The second draft proved to be far more comprehensible and a playable prototype was put together within a week. WaveCrash!! was originally going to be scrapped early in development until an overwhelmingly enthusiastic audience at Meggacon in Jackson, Michigan, convinced Steven to continue on with and eventually complete the project.
- Intense puzzle gameplay that is accessible for beginners and deep enough for competitors.
- 7 characters to choose from, each offering their own spin on the core mechanics. Some bend the rules, others break them!
- Bright and expressive pixel art characters and backgrounds.
- Single player score attack modes.
- HYPE MODE!!
- Infinite blocks. They never stop.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "PAX East Indie MINIBOOTH" Selection, 2018
- "Taco Bell Indie Game Garage (now renamed "Feed the Beta")" Finalist, 2015
- "I apologize for potentially monopolizing the demo for a bit, but this game was too fun to put down. I implore you to check this game out, though I caution its addictiveness."
- Chris Bohatka, CLETech
About Flyover Games
Flyover Games is an indie studio from Parts Unknown, Michigan, that develops games for mobile and PC platforms. Currently a humble operation, our ultimate goal is becoming a bloated juggernaut of game development. Until then, we'll settle for bringing you the best darn games that we can!
More information on Flyover Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Designer and Programmer, Flyover Games
Character Artist, Freelancer
Character Artist, Freelancer
Environment Artist and Promotional Artist, Freelancer
Sound Effects, Freelancer
Matt "Willow" Willard
Music and Testing